Vivek Oberoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008

Post  Vivek's Girl Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 am

Vivek Oberoi 'went through hell'
IndiaFM | Wednesday, 18 June , 2008, 10:25
http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14696792&cid=2359

While on Mission Istanbul, its lead actor Vivek Oberoi turned over a new leaf. "I made a lot of mistakes, I rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, I got carried away. I went through hell, personally and professionally. The media turned its back on me. Some of the projects I was associated with, evaporated into thin air. Everything I did, backfired," Vivek remembers.

"I realized that the problem was with me, not anyone else. If almost everyone was talking ill of me, if almost everyone had trained their guns on me, it only went to prove that I was at fault, it only meant that I need to mend ways. As you sow so shall you reap," adds the actor

Vivek also admits that the Salman Khan episode, calling the entire media to his house to malign Salman, is something he repents. "I used a public platform to malign him. When I felt I must apologize, I did so publicly, not discreetly," he admits.

On whether he'd work with Salman, Abhishek or Ash, he says he would. "I am a professional and so are they."

Meanwhile, Vivek begins shooting for Tips' new film shortly, followed by Karan Johar's new project.
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:59 pm

SEXY PIC OF VIVEK ON THIS LINK!

Vivek Oberoi ready to kick butt with new action thriller!
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 (EST)
http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/51315.aspx

'Mission Istanbul' star Vivek Oberoi, who was left without a follow up job when Renzil D'souza's Next was postponed, is now ready to kick butt on a new project for Tips Films, an action thriller to be directed by Kookie Gulati.

June 20, 2008 (Sawf News) - Mission Istanbul star Vivek Oberoi, who was left without a follow up job when Renzil D'souza's Next was postponed, is now ready to kick butt on a new project for Tips Films, an action thriller to be directed by Kookie Gulati.

Kookie earlier worked as Assoicate Director on on Tips Films Ishq Vishk (2003) and as song director on Pyare Mohan (2006).

Production for the film to be shot in South Africa will start within a month and Vivek is already working on his new makeover for the film, which involves shedding some weight.

The film will feature three leading ladies, all of whom will be newcomers, because of the dictates of the story line. The filmmakers feel the public image of a known leading lady would have interfered with her characterization in the film.

Vivek will work on Renzil D'souza's Next, which additionally features Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Om Puri, after completing the Tips Films thriller. The film had to be postponed because Saif was busy with his untitled home production directed by Imtiaz Ali, which features him opposite Deepika Padukone. The film is being currently shot in London. Additional shooting stints are planned in San Francisco and New Delhi.

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Abhishek Bachchan is the item boy in 'Mission Istanbul'
20th June 2008 11.01 IST
By Agencies
http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20080620-1.html

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 200806201hh3

Yes, Abhishek Bachchan will soon dance in an item number for the forthcoming thriller Mission Istanbul .

There has been much talk about this dance number but there was no official announcement till Abhishek himself decided to let the cat out of the bag.

“Yes, I will be making an appearance in the movie. For some reason, Apoorva Lakhia (the director) considers me his lucky mascot. So he asked me to do this and I agreed,” says Abhishek.

However, there is yet to be a confirmation whether Vivek Oberoi would be dancing with him.

“I am not doing any such number as yet,” Vivek is reported to have said recently.

The song will be sung by Mika , who also sang the popular Aye Ganpat number from Shootout At Lokhandwala .

‘Mission Istanbul’ also stars Zayed Khan , Sunil Shetty and Shreya Saran and is an action thriller based on the subject of international terrorism. The film tells the story of a journalist who gets his hands on top-secret information on dreaded terrorists.
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:57 pm

the official movie website!

missionistanbulthefilm.com/#
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:54 pm

At loggerheads
24 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST, VICKEY LALWANI ,TNN
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/At_loggerheads/articleshow/3156831.cms

Vivek Oberoi, it seems, is not too happy with his role in Apoorva Lakhia’s upcoming film, Mission Istanbul.

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 Thumbil8

The latest is that Oberoi and Lakhia have fallen out. Now, Oberoi is not on talking terms with Lakhia, who gave him a new lease of life with Shootout At Lokhandwala, at a time he most needed.

However, Oberoi has not stopped shooting with Lakhia and is completing the film. Says a source, “Oberoi is a professional and he is going through the remaining work on the film quite smoothly.”

Talking about the equation between Lakhia and Oberoi reaching an all-time low, our source says, “The problem started sometime ago when Oberoi suddenly started feeling that Zayed Khan has been given more importance in the film and its publicity, and thus, a cold war ensued. Lakhia and Oberoi did not mingle much at an awards event held in Bangkok couple of weeks ago. The two also had a confrontation recently.”

So, what exactly overturned the boat completely? Our source reveals, “Oberoi called up Suniel Shetty (co-producer of Mission Istanbul) to complain and that was the last straw. He complained that he deserved more prominence in the publicity as he is a bigger star than Zayed. Naturally, Lakhia felt terribly upset at Oberoi’s whining.”

When contacted, Oberoi said, “I am shooting for my solo song (a follow up on Aye Ganpat...) on Apu’s set at the Film City and we are having a blast.”

Apparently wanting to safeguard his film, Lakhia was only slightly forthcoming. He said, “Mission Istanbul has two lead actors, and we are publicising it accordingly. Oberoi has not spoken about his discomfort to me yet.”

We then, we contacted Shabbir Boxwalla (director of Shetty’s company, Popcorn Productions) who said that they could have even included Shetty in the publicity campaign since he also has a role in the film. He said, “But Sunil didn’t think that was necessary since his role is not a big one. Mission Istanbul is a film where both Oberoi and Zayed have equally good roles and hence they both are in every frame of the publicity videos together.”

When told that Oberoi had complained to Shetty about his star status being sidelined, Boxwalla shot back, “Everybody is a star. You get to know the real star only on a Friday.”
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:44 pm

‘I’m dating interesting women’
Prithwish Ganguly
Thursday, June 26, 2008 23:59 IST
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1173805

Life is an exciting skywalk for bachelor boy Vivek Oberoi, finds out Prithwish Ganguly

Early morning strollers on the newly-minted skywalk in Bandra were in for a surprise as they spotted a hunk leaning on the railings, enjoying the breeze.

It was Vivek Oberoi indulging in casual chitchat,“It’s like walking down memory lane for me. I used to walk over such bridges in my childhood when I’d travel to South Mumbai for my studies.”

He adds, “This skywalk is making Bandra look more pretty. I just hope that the authorities as well as the people walking on it keep it clean.”

The release of Vivek’s forthcoming film Mission Istaanbul has got him excited. He has just shot for a music video that has been sung by Mika Singh. He says, “If you loved Aye Ganpat in Shootout at Lokhandwala, this song too will top the charts in no time.”

Vivek plays the role of a Turkish commando in Apoorva Lakhia’s film. “I love strong challenging roles. From Maya in Shootout to Rizwan Khan in Mission these characters have power. But actually I love characters that are ‘good-bad’. Every person has shades of goodness and evil in him. I like to play characters that are real.”

But isn’t he treading the dangerous path of stereotyping himself by repeatedly playing such roles. “Well, you’ve hit the nail on its head. I’m really scared about this. I don’t want to get typecast as an actor. So in my next two films—one with Karan Johar and one with Tips—I’m doing something very different.”
And what about doing a romantic film? “Well, trust me many women are asking me when I would be doing a Saathiya or Yuva again. I’m surely looking forward to romancing on screen,” he smiles.

And romance in real life? “I’m single and I am loving it. People may call me a flirt. But I’m just dating interesting women. I’m a diehard romantic. I do believe that someone is meant for me.
But I can’t stay at my home and wait for that person to walk into my life,” he ends.
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Forgiveness is earned ...I respect her today
Posted On Saturday, June 28, 2008
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=30&contentid=2008062820080628022354484976993b5

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 F35-1b

Vivek Oberoi talks about Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Abhishek Bachchan

• People feel that you have changed as a person.
Yes, I had to change. I had gone wrong. I had screwed up big time. It was time to sort things out.

• How did the change come about?
I sat back and took a long look at my career. I pondered on the mistakes, which I have made. I went out and tried to correct them. I thanked people who I had forgotten to thank and I apologised to those whom I thought deserved an apology.

• Yeah. You apologised to Salman.
And I apologised publicly.

• Why publicly? You could have done it in private.
No. I had made a mistake on national television (referring to the press conference he had called). So a public apology was needed.

• Has Salman forgiven you yet?
I took time to apologise too. Forgiveness is earned. When he feels that he can forgive me, he will.

• Will you go and talk to him if you bump into him now?
Why should I irritate him and get into his space? I have done my bit. When he feels that he can forgive me, I am sure that the equations will change.

• You attended Teji Bachchan’s funeral. It took everyone by surprise. Did you hesitate before going to the Bachchan household?
I spoke to my dad. He said, ‘Son, follow your heart’.

• We heard that Abhishek Bachchan sent you a SMS message saying that your performance at the IIFA was rocking.
Oh yes. That was very sweet of him. Even Amitji was very encouraging.

• So, the cold war between Bachchans and you is over?
There was never any cold war. I am not big enough to have a cold war with anybody. I am just a guy who is trying to restructure his career.

• At the IIFA or at Teji Bachchan’s funeral, did you come face to face with Aishwarya Rai?
I can answer that. But today, she is married and I respect her status in someone else’s life. It would be ungentlemanly on my part to answer this. I respected her in the past and I respect her today.

• A few minutes ago, you said that you were influenced to call that press conference against Salman? Who influenced you? Aishwarya?
Oh boy, you are going back again there. You aren’t listening. It can be a bunch of things that influenced me and I wouldn’t list them down and play the blame game. I was 24. I was vulnerable. Let’s leave it at that.

• You even ran into problems with Sanjay Dutt and Manyata?
All those stories were false. I have met Manyata only once at Sanju’s place.

• Who is Jacqueline Fernandes?
(Laughs) Jacqueline is a lovely girl.

• And you are dating her?
We have met few times. We are just good friends.

• That sounds so clichd.
Some clichs sound good (laughs).

•Coming back to your work. Why have you appointed Surge to look into your work when your Dad was so good at it?
It’s time for him to holiday with my mom and play golf. I have given a lot of stress to my parents due to my professional and personal life. It’s time they beat their stress

• I have done my bit. When Salman feels he can forgive me, I am sure that equations will change – Vivek

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 F351afk1
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Vivek: I respect Aishwarya
By Buzz18 . Jun 28, 2008
http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/vivek-i-respect-aishwarya/65691/0

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 Img77471aishwaryavivekflk8

The actor speaks up about the ghosts of his past...

Vivek Oberoi seems to be a changed man these days. Perhaps he's been through a soul searching escapade and why wouldn't he? He hasn't had a single solo hit since Saathiya and some of his multi-starrers too are loosing their charm. With a lot to bank on with Mission Istanbul releasing soon, the actor is making sure that his karmic slate is absolutely clean.

In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, the actor has reportedly opened up, getting quite candid with his views. He talked about apologising to Salman Khan and justified why he did it publicly rather than privately. The actor hasn't received a response as yet, but his solace lies in the fact that he did his bit.

"Forgiveness is earned. When he feels like forgiving me, he will," says Vivek. "I have done my bit. When Salman feels he can forgive me, I am sure that the equations will change."

Vivek also went on to speak about his budding relationship with the Bachchans, especially Abhishek. He said that it was extremely "sweet" of the actor to send him an SMS appreciating his performance at IIFA.

So what about the Bachchan bahu with whom he has a romantic past? The duo did come face to face at IIFA and at Teji Bachchan's funeral...

"Today she's married and I respect her status in someone else's life," said Vivek. "I respected her in the past and I respect her today."

The actor further went on to clear the air stating that Sanjay Dutt and he never had any problems as was hyped by the media. And that he didn't fire his father as his career manager but simply decided that he had "stressed" him out enough.

"It's time for him to holiday with my mom and play gold," said the actor. "I have given a lot of stress to my parents due to my professional and personal life. It's time they beat their stress
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Failure has been a very good friend’: Vivek
http://www.page03.com/page03/failure-has-been-a-very-good-friend-vivek/

Life teaches us lessons. Hard lessons. And no one in Bollywood knows that more than Vivek Oberoi today. In his relatively short career of six years, Vivek has managed to see the highs of highs and the lowest lows. Has it changed the man? Definitely yes. Will it help the actor? It sure looks like it. But now with his career seeing a massive upswing, we ask the actor about his life in the present, past and future…

Let’s start with the IIFAs…your performance on the awards night on
Mission Istaanbul received a huge response especially from the women….

(laughs) I am myself confused about it… I’m still trying to figure that one out! But all I can say is that I was very happy. When you hear those screams and claps and all that appreciation… then all the effort you have put into that performance seems all worth it at the end of the day when you hear that kind of response from your fans and the audience.
Speaking about Mission Istaanbul you’ve worked very hard physically for this role. Was it difficult?

I have worked very hard for it and I am hopeful that it shows on the screen. Physically I had to look bigger because the character I am playing Rizwan Khan… the thing about him is that he can easily knock of 4-5 people without any problem. There is this one scene that I have with Zayed Khan where he is running down the streets of Istanbul being chased by many people ready to shoot him… and then all of a sudden a hand comes and pulls him into a corner and then they show that the person is Rizwan Khan. And then when those 6 people chasing Zayed reach him he steps out and in 30 odd seconds he disarms them and breaks their bones… I remember when Apoorva had narrated the story to me he had told me that I want you to fight in a special way where you lock peoples’ limbs and break them and you don’t use weapons… woh khud he eek weapon hai Rizwan Khan.. so yea it was fun to do something that I have never done before.
I think the best way to describe him is that when we as kids saw films we saw those heroes on screen who were larger than life and we would get very excited.
So do you like playing characters that are larger than life or would you rather play roles that closely resemble everyday life?

I feel you want to have both ends of the spectrum. I don’t know about other actors… I am very greedy. I want everything. When I read a script I try and identify with each and every character in that film. Sometimes I turn around and say ‘I wish I was a girl so I could play that character.’ Sometimes its fun to play a realist … something that I did in Saathiya which was a very real love story. And now after a long time I have got yet another role which is also a very nice love story. And then there is also a film I am doing for Tips which will be shot in South Africa is larger than life character caught in larger than life problem in a very real looking world. So I think it’s a balance between the two… because you have a lot of fun in doing both kind of roles.

While you have done different genres wasn’t it difficult turning away scripts to avoid being typecast? How do you convince yourself to wait for the right role and not get carried away in numbers?

I think a couple of years when I was insecure and I thought it was a numbers game… you have to have a strategy… you need an agenda, a game plan… my thinking was very coloured and I would use different approaches to my career. But right now I am just thankful for all that is coming my way. Ab joh muhe sachche dil se achcha lagta hai… it’s not about the money, the fame, the script, the banner… just genuinely if I feel like I want to be that character then I say yes. You know your inner voice… your inner talent speaks to you… communicates with you. Because at the end of the day its not your talent… you know jisse hum saraswati kehte hai…yeh vidya hai. And I really believe that it’s something God has given me that resides in me. And as long as you keep it honest and clean like a temple it will communicate with you. And it will leave you if you don’t…so I believe you have to be honest to that talent, to your soul. Woh agar kehti hai ki picture karnee chahiye toh karnee chahiye…and then in the end whether it works or not it shouldn’t matter.
You definitely seem to be in a much calmer and peaceful place today than you were a couple of years back. What’s brought that change?

(laughs) I think I’ve grown a lot…I think failure has been a very good friend. It has taught me all that I needed to learn and it’s strange you know… that when people fail or when someone goes through a rough period… it hurts a lot and they often get weak. But I think what’s also great about it is that in this weakness when you keep pushing this person time and time again… you feel like you have reached absolute rock bottom and you think that this is it and that your spirit can’t take any more. It will break … but what’s beautiful about it is that the human spirit is just so resilient. The more you get pushed, the more you realize that ‘I’m strong man.. I can deal with this.. I can bounce back from here also that I means I have more strength in me’ so it’s a great confidence building measure if you look at it the other way round. It’s fantastic because you realize you are a lot deeper than you thought. There’s a lot more to me below the surface…

Apoorva once told me that ‘Vivek is one of the most misunderstood people in this industry’. Do you agree with that?

I think it’s true partly… and partly its not. I think its partly true is because yes there are quite a few things that I have done for which I am given credit like I said this or I did that or I told someone this or I took a panga with this one which is not true. Maine aisa kuch nahee kiya par agar mujh par bill phatne hai toh phatne hai…and people believe it. But I would like to say is that people also believe it is also because there are lots of things that I have done. Maine he eek neev rakhi hai…I have only laid the foundation for that and people have started using that foundation and begun crediting me with a lot more rubbish than I have, you know, ever done. But its ok because in the past two years… from the time I began shooting for Shootout and Omkara…I found a lot of change in myself. So you could go to the highest roof top and scream that you have changed but unless people experience or witness that change in you themselves it doesn’t work. And that’s why I am so calm…like you mentioned…I know I have changed and now whoever works with me today they say the same thing to me. Like Apu (Apoorva Lakhia) says you have been a dream to work with… and we keep joking that now after two years of working with him I say let me go else we will be addicted to each other! And it’s a good feeling to see people appreciate that change because the other day Karan Johar turned around and said I really like your new approach and I like the way you are looking and I want to cast you in this role. And after reading the script my first question was Karan, why me?! I mean this role is really too good and you know it’s that turn around that comes along…
So when Apu said that I was misunderstood honestly speaking I had done some amount of stuff that deserved that kind of behaviour towards me. And now that I have changed my habits aur apni galteeon ko bhi sudhar liya hai…then the people’s behaviour towards me is also changing. So I think it’s got a lot to do with you…

Talking about Karan Johar… working with Dharma Productions is a big deal in the film industry. It’s almost like a stamp of having arrived. What’s your take on it?

I think it’s fantastic! And apart from being prestigious I’m also really excited because of the role as an actor. It offers me so much in terms of performance…it’s got lovely actors with me like Saif and Kareena in the script. So its great feeling. And apart from that Karan is just a great guy. It’s just wonderful to have someone like him backing you and believing in you. And it’s really nice to have some like that supporting you. He has been lending support to me every step of the way in small small things and that really feels great. He is already talking to me about other scripts and other things that I already feel like a part of Dharma.. and aside from that another great producer who is backing me right now is Tips. They’ve just had some whopping success with Race and today they are investing me. I am doing this really larger than life action movie in South Africa starting July and I am really excited working with them.
So I think its just a matter of time… you know those people who were considered opposition camps or considered who would never work with are now working with me. So I think it’s largely about how you deal with people and the situation… if you come across as a professional… like for the past 3 years and 3 months I have never been late for a single shoot or appearance. I just don’t believe it in anymore. It’s like a game I play with myself – can I be on time today? And its amazing… it feels really good.

Ok now I want to know about home… you are known to be extremely close to your parents. But what’s the atmosphere at home. Do you go home and discuss work because dad comes from the industry too or do you completely switch off?

At home we barely have any work discussion…because once I’m home I’m home…it’s my de-stress factor. I come home and catch up with my family.. like the day I know I’m going to get done early and I will be able to have a meal at home with my family I will immediately call them. So they will all wait for me and we will all have dinner together… even my dogs join us around the dinner table. Everybody will have a full conversation… like even if I am sitting there and my family is there and my dogs are not there, the two of them will bring the house down barking because they feel they are a part of the family and they should be a part of our discussion. In fact it’s so funny that even when we have puja at home my two babies – my boxers Duke and Ivy – will be a part of it whether the puja is for 2 or 4 hours. No matter how long the chanting goes on for they will sit there very quietly… they’ll watch the entire proceedings. We have this joke that pichle janam mein pandit honge…

Finally now that your career seems to be back on track, what are Vivek’s expectations for his professional and personal life? What are your aims now?

You know there was a point in time when I thought fans were just a number… just a static. I always thought that fans were only important to an extent that the number of fans you have is only important from a perspective that how popular you are, how much you charge for a film… that this is the direct co-relation. But today … in my second coming after Shootout… I have realised how important and how amazing this relationship between a movie star and his fan is. How that little word of encouragement and appreciation inspires you to do so much more. So today when I work I think about them. I thank them and my whole agenda is to do so much work.. so much better work with every film that I live up to their expectations or deliver a little more than their expectations. Whether I manage to do that or not is in God’s hands… but that is definitely the effort and the intention professionally now.
And as far as personally is concerned I just want to live every day. I just want to be better and better every single day – that’s a little prayer I say to myself. And I want to be a better son. I think last few years have been very tumultuous and painful and I think I put parents through a lot of pain and misery. You know when a child suffers his or her parents suffer 10 times more indirectly…so I want them to be happy. I want my father to be happy and enjoying life like he is right now. I want my mum to be happy like she is right now… God bless them…and I want to be a better human being. I want to give back a lot. I consider myself really lucky and blessed and I feel I need to share that… that experience!
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Vivek Awaits To Be Forgiven
By Prathna Tiwari - BollySpice.com
29 Jun 2008
http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/1332-vivek-awaits-to-be-forgiven.html

If there is someone who knows how wrong things can go in life it has to be Vivek Oberoi. When he debuted, the industry was overjoyed at the discovery of a fresh face and talent that was just waiting to be tapped into. But like they say, all good things come to an end. In Vivek’s case we’d like to stay optimistic and say that his rough patch was not the end, but simply a pause in the journey.

In a recent interview with Vickey Lalwai the actor spoke of his past, present and future.

Referring to the past, he said that whole Salman-Ash-Press-Conference fiasco was the product of an immature and irrational youthful age. When asked on why the public apology to Salman he said that it was the only solution to his wrong doing which also had occurred at a public platform.

Vickey tried to press all the right buttons to get a response against the Bachchans or in particular Bachchan Bahu, but Vivek remained a true gentleman and showed how much had indeed changed. Apparently his relationship with the Bachchans is rather pleasant currently, with Big B himself being rather encouraging to him at IFFA and Bachchan junior commending him on his performance at IFFA. As for Bahu Bachchan, Ash, Vivek said that he respected her and it would be very un-gentlemen like of him to comment on anything to do with their past.

So that was the past and present, what about the future. For now Vivek has appointed someone to look into his work, previously this was done by his dad. The actor feels that he wants to give his parents a stress-free life from now onwards and the best way to do so is to send them on a holiday. On a more personal note, Vivek cleverly responds to questions about link-ups with Jacqueliene Fernedes by saying that she’s just a friend and says that even though that’s a clichéd line, it sounds good. So is that a yes or no Vivek? Only time will tell, for now we wish Vivek all the best as he turns a new chapter in his life.

In the meantime you all will be seeing him soon on the big screen in the action flick of the year, Mission Istanbul!
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:37 am

Vivek selects Russian hotties for solo dance
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, June 30 2008
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/gupshup/2008/vivek-selects-russian-hotties-300608.html

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 Vivek-300608_30062008

vivek oberoi who shot for a solo song for Apoorva Lakhia's Mission Istaanbul, personally selected the six Russian dancers who gyrated with him in the track. Lakhia confirms, "Vivek auditioned the girls himself. He wanted the song to look good and I guess Vivek also wanted to hang around with some cute and cool chicks!"

It is learnt that after Vivek got a good response to his performance at IIFA Bangkok. Mission Istaanbul producer Sunil Shetty and director Apoorva Lakhia were so impressed by Vivek that they decide to shoot a solo track with him. The song is Apun Ke Saath Jo Ladega with Mika Singh rendering the track. It's an offshoot of the Aye Ganpat song in Shootout At Lokhandwala.Says Lakhia, "Sunil and I decided to give Vivek the song choreographed by Rajiv Goswami. Originally, there was no solo song of Vivek's as he plays a Turkish commando so we couldn't have him singing and dancing around trees. He danced so well at IIFA it was as if he wanted to prove he could dance too."

Is there any truth to the buzz that Vivek was feeling insecure and had fought with Apoorva as he felt Zayed Khan was being promoted more?

Says Apoorva, "Earlier, people were saying we were not promoting Vivek enough. That wasn't true. It's just that Zayed has a romantic angle and had two songs with two different girls. Vivek has never come to me with any complaints. This is our second film together. We are friends and share a pretty good relationship. Now we have decided to promote only Vivek's song and not the Vivek-Zayed number. I have to be fair. It's a two-hero film."
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Vivek Oberoi mending his fences
30th June 2008 15.20 IST
By Aparajita Ghosh
http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20080630-3.html

NEWS & INTERVIEWS 2008 - Page 3 200806303on1

After confessing to having erred many times in his personal and professional life in the past, actor Vivek Oberoi seems like a man on a mission to mend his fences.

Vivek is in a perpetual confessional mood nowadays. All his interviews are full of candid admissions of his past mistakes – the most prominent of which was that infamous press conference in which he humiliated Salman Khan , the then jilted lover of his then girlfriend Aishwarya Rai who is presently happily married to Abhishek Bachchan.

In a recent interview, Vivek had said he still feels “haunted by the demons of my past mistakes”. To get over these demons, Vivek has been making peace with people he has hurt.

He has apologized to Salman Khan publicly. Though Salman has yet not responded to Vivek’s gesture, Vivek thinks Salman will forgive him when he feels like doing it.

Vivek has also been re-forging his bond with the Bachchans. He surprised everyone when he paid a visit to the mourning Bachchans after the demise of Big B’s mother Teji Bachchan early this year.

Vivek also visited Amitabh Bachchan recently on the sets of Aladdin . The actor met the superstar and had a brief chat.

Not just Big B, Vivek’s bond with Abhishek (whom he befriended while shooting Yuva ) has also begun to thaw. After Vivek’s IIFA performance in Bangkok, Abhi sent him a complimentary SMS.

But ask Vivek anything about Aishwarya and the actor goes into diplomatic mode.

“I respect her and wish her the best,” is all he is willing to say.
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivek's Girl Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Vivek shoots solo song for Mission Istanbul
By Stacey Yount - BollySpice.com
2 Jul 2008
http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/1350-vivek-shoots-solo-song-for-mission-istanbul.html

Vivek Oberoi lit up the stage at this year’s IIFA performing to the song ‘Apun Ke Saath Jo Ladega’ from Mission Istanbul. After seeing his brilliant performance, the producers of MI decided to give the hunkstar a solo song in the movie. Originally, there was no solo song planned for him, but only because it did not seem to fit with his character of a Turkish commando.

Apoorva Lakhia said, “Sunil and I decided to give Vivek the song choreographed by Rajiv Goswami. Originally, there was no solo song of Vivek's as he plays a Turkish commando so we couldn't have him singing and dancing around trees."

For the number, Vivek along with six Russian beauties will be seen grooving to the jammin’ track by Mika, who also did last year’s ‘Aye Ganpat’ from Shootout At Lokhandwala. Lakhia revealed: “Vivek auditioned the girls himself. He wanted the song to look good and I guess Vivek also wanted to hang around with some cute and cool chicks!"

Lakhia discounted any rumors that there was a problem with how the film’s stars were being promoted: “Earlier, people were saying we were not promoting Vivek enough. That wasn't true. It's just that Zayed has a romantic angle and had two songs with two different girls. Vivek has never come to me with any complaints.”

Adding, “This is our second film together. We are friends and share a pretty good relationship. Now we have decided to promote only Vivek's song and not the Vivek-Zayed number. I have to be fair. It's a two-hero film.”

Be sure to check out Mission Istanbul when it roars into theaters on July 25th!
Vivek's Girl
Vivek's Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3